Sonntag, 13. September 2009

Trip to Buenos Aires

Like most of you guys might know, it is not good for me to travel alone, because then usually something comes up...
Amanda and me got up very early then to leave to the airport, I think it was not even 6 yet, when we arrived there we had to splitt up, after she was going to Lima and I to Buenos Aires (was a very quick decision I just had made 3 days before). So when I came to the Check-In it was not even opened yet, also it was just an hour before the flight, people werealready lining up big time. Anyhow when they finally started to check luggage, it took at least 45 minutes till everybody had a ticket, then I went to pay airport tax and to the check-in point for the international waiting room... YEAH, what to say, people were lining up again and the woman up front said, I am sorry I can't let anybody in quiet yet, because the airline hasn't confirmed the flight... Hmm, okay I thought, It's still ok, I don't have to switch planes in La Paz and will have 3 hours in Santa Cruz to change.... About an hour later, we were finally allowed to go through the passport check and the self-check-in. The problem then was just, as soon as we were in the international waiting room, which looks like this, a big hall with chairs, about 3 TV's and 2 restrooms, nothing more and freezing cold, an airline representative told us, they don't have a plane yet, so we will have to wait another 2 hours...Bien, everybody just thought great, we are freezing here and they are not even offering to bring in some tea or something... Anyways when the plane was there everything worked out just fine for a few minutes, at least until I was told, because I am having 2 stopps in Bolivia, I have to go through immigration, really nice, getting of the plane, running once around the airport to enter the same plane again, interesting have never been through the paperwork faster. When we arrived in Santa Cruz then, from where I was supposed to fly over Asouncion to Buenos Aires, we were already more then late, but at least a nice Airport Representative greeted us and helped the late comers to still catch the plane... me of course not without complications... I had to get my luggage out and check it back in and get a new ticket, because the connection was with another airline, after this was done. I went to pay airport tax and then to the self-check-in again, which seemed to be fine, till the guy finished searching through my purse and started taking a look at my passport, he decided I travelled to much in the last weeks and had to many south american stamps and was coming from Peru to go over Boliva to Argentina, so he told me, sorry but you have to go into this room over there for a body check for drugs...I just thought thank you, being late was not enough I guess... But lucky me, I still somehow got the plane in the very last minute. Then actually everything went quiet well I stopped in Paraguay and switched flights there, I met a nice scotish girl going to Buenos Aires too and when we finally landed in Argentina, we decided to take a taxi together downtown, after the airport is a bit out of the city and there is not really any public trasportation there. I arrived pretty late at my hostel and went kind of straight to bed to have the next day to explore the City. And it was really great, I had like the best weather ever and saw a lot of the center of the City that day, the next day I was already about to leave again...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen